Monday, August 8, 2011

Live Today Like It Was Your Last: Remembered

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been so busy.  Anyways, good news is I'm back!  :) 

I'm starting a new theme for the next few posts, it's titled "Live Today Like It Was Your Last"
Today's is asking yourself the question "How do I want to be remembered?"   

If your my friend on Facebook the title of this post is often posted as a status of mine.  I know it probably gets old to some people, hearing it over & over again.   I want everyone to realize that the next second isn't promised to be ours.   God could take you home anytime. Which by the way, He already knows exactly when that time is!   It's God people, He knows all!
It's hard for us to even wrap our minds around the thought of all He knows & does.   God had a reason for not telling us when exactly He's going to take us off earth.  My guess is because, we'd all freak out if we really knew just how many days of our lives we had left to live.    At least I know I would. 
I see so many young & full of life people die everyday.  Just watch the News & you'll see.    I always wonder, how they lived they're last few days, hours, minutes, seconds of their lives.   How do people remember them now?    Did they get a chance to tell their loved ones how much they loved them.  Did they treat everyone kind or dirty?    Have you ever really asked yourself those questions?  How are people going to remember you once die?    I've been asked this questions a few times before & then I asked myself, "How do I want people to remember as?"
Well, I would want them to know I was a christian, & I acted the way Christ would want me to, treating others with respect & kindness.  
I know it's so tough to be nice to everyone & say kind things.  I have eight little brothers that can drive me crazy at times, it gets super hard to always say kind, sweet, loving things.  & I mess up, a lot.  We all do.  It's a normal natural human thing.    But, what if someone you loved died & the last thing you ever said to them was something unkind & mean?  I would feel terrible!   We must treat everyone as if it was the last time we'd ever speak to them.  Cause God never promised us the next second.  

I hope this made sense.  It's kind of a tough subject to write about.  Please tell me what you thought & I'll try to get the next post up asap! :)
  
Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment